Monday 24 October 2011

Opportunities not appoinments!

Today I have learned a valuable way of thinking that I hope will keep me more positive.  I will no longer call things I have to do, places I need to attend, people I need to help, appointments.  My appointments will now be known as opportunities.

My diary is NO longer filled with appointments this week.  Its filled with opportunities.  How exciting!!

How did all this thinking come about you ask?  Today  I was given an on the spot opportunity to do kindy roster.  That is to help out and play with the children. Usually you place your name on the roster weeks in advance.  One of the parents were unavailable today and so I had the opportunity....see there is that word again....to offer to help.  I totally and thoroughly enjoyed it and the spontaneous nature of it becoming available to me really taught me something.

Normally, despite loving to help out at my daughters' school, the rostered day I would pick would go into the diary as an appointment and although I would be looking forward to it, it would be seen as another item I need to get done in my busy schedule. 

Try thinking of your appointments as opportunities this week and see if it can make a difference in your life xx

No comments:

Post a Comment