Monday 24 October 2011

Picture Ponder: The Week Ahead

 
 I wrote this yesterday - Sunday evening:

As I sit here on a Sunday evening I think we can view the week ahead as a journey.  A tiresome, "are we there yet?" journey or an exciting week ahead.

I appreciate that it wont be exciting for all, as some of you may be dealing with life's difficult times right now.   However, for me, my week looks, at this point ahead,  to be quite a busy week with lots of committments in addition to the regular routine activities, work and chores. 

I find it's easy to get overwhelmed and instead of living the week, I'm absorbed by its "busyness" and struggle with feelings of fatigue and exhaustion.

I want to view this upcoming week with positive anticipation and lots of affirmations about how fortunate I am and how some people would relish in a week without pain, anxiety, suffereing, hunger, loneliness, grief, disability or illness.

I want to wake up each morning and remind myself what a wonderful day it's going to be.  I won't let thoughts of fatigue or stress penetrate me.   Yes they will probably pop up, but I wont pay them any attention.

Our house is at the end of the street in this photo so the road for me symbolises travelling on the week ahead.  And at the end of the week I have the comfort of knowing I will be spending time with my family in our home.

Have a great journey this week xx

No comments:

Post a Comment